How Can One Know that She Pleases God?
This is a copy of an examination given to those at the Way House of Ministries to Women, Arkansas sometime in 1990. Terri was one present, and the following is a copy of the examination as she wrote it (with a few grammar corrections). Please note the careful answers, and the way she went about proving her answers.
1. How can one know that she is pleasing God?
a. Write out the reason.
b. Give Biblical proof for each part of your answer.
A. God is consistent. Jehovah’s standard of righteousness and justice never changes. Based on these two things plus the testimony that those in the Bible who in the fear of God, obeyed, they pleased God by following the same standard of righteousness and justice.
God never changes.
B. God is consistent: Proof:
- Mal 3:6 “I am Jehovah I change not.”
- Numbers 23:19 God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man that He should grieve himself; hath he not said, and shall He not do it? or hath he spoken or and shall he not make it good?”
- Romans 11:29 “The gifts and callings of God are without repentance.”
- James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is not variableness, neither shadow of turning.”
- Hebrews 13:8 Messiah Yeshua is the same yesterday, and today and forever.”
Those who feared Jehovah obeyed— There are several cases of those who followed His standards and pleased Him. In Hebrews 11:2 the Bible states, “For by it (Faith) the elders obtained a good report.” This good report means that Jehovah was very pleased by what they did and most importantly by their fear of Him. Jehovah was very pleased by Abel. Jehovah even testified of His gifts (Heb 11:4). Enoch’s whole testimony was that He pleased God.
- Abraham was an example of someone who obeyed (Heb 11:8).
- Sarah also was one who pleased Jehovah.
- Joseph so obeyed Jehovah and kept His Standard that he refused to sin when given the opportunity.
- David was a man after Jehovah’s heart.
- Elizabeth and Zacharias were two Saints who definitely met the requirements for pleasing Jehovah. Luke 1:6 “And they were both righteous before Jehovah walking in all the commandments and ordinances of Jehovah blameless.
Because of all these facts, if one knows the standards and justices of Jehovah, and obeys, then they should know with utter certainty that they please Jehovah.